Thursday, January 29, 2009

Mermaid-Catface Tattoo and Dream Quilt


Last night I had a very vivid dream. I remember that I was wearing knee socks and a short skirt, and I was feeling pretty cute until I noticed my knees covered in tattoos. I was alarmed because I couldn't remember how or where I got the tattoos, and they were very big and brightly colored. I got a mirror to see if they went all the way round, and there on the back of my right calf was the ugliest tattoo. It was a cartoony looking mermaid with an ugly cat face. It was just awful. I woke up feeling anxious and that kind of sticks around all day.


The next project I hope to start came from a dream, too- I guess they've been especially vivid lately. I dreamed I owned this quilt with bright colored stars on it. The dream was about something else, I forget what exactly, but I wished I had that quilt. I didn't know what they were called at the time, but I've since learned that it's a "saw-toothed star" pattern, which for some reason makes me like it even more. So I drew up these plans, which kind of are cool looking by themselves. Suprisingly, I kind of like the more subtle colors best, but the quilt in my dream was bright so I may stick with that.


Also, last night I made chocolate chip cookies. I can't figure out why i can't ever make them the same way twice. This time they came out soft and kind of chewy, though still very delicious. However, when I made them a few weeks ago they were crunchy, harder, but very buttery tasting like toffee. I tend to prefer that, but Peter says he likes them softer. Oh well, next time they'll do something else anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment