Saturday, February 14, 2009

A Toast to St. Valentine....

I used to dread this "holiday". Not because I didn't have a valentine- actually, it was when I did have one that I used to dread it the most! It was the inevitable box of chocolates, or stuffed bear, or cheap jewelry, or gigundo hersey's kiss. I couldn't care less for any of that crap! "OH! A teddy bear holding a box of choclates and heart-shaped gold-like bracelet, how... nice...."

I sound like a meany. But honestly, I never put much stock in Valentine's, and always made a point to not celebrate it on principle! Until I met Peter. Now I embrace the holiday, our way. Homemade cookies, a walk in the woods, a candlelight dinner at home, and a vase full of red parrot tulips make for a really nice day. When you're with your best friend, anything is perfect. I don't guess we need this particular holiday, as we can be found doing this sort of thing on any given weekend, but who am I to argue with a good excuse to break out the champange glasses?

A Toast To St. Valentine: illegal marry-er of sweethearts and martyr of romance, may we always mark your holiday with a message like thine, "Love Always, your Valentine".

1 comment:

  1. Those cookies and tulips look wonderful. We have chocolate chip cookies over here. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete